- Bank Statements (Originals ) for the past Six (6) Months. (Fixed Deposit Certificates will not be accepted ).
- Employment Certificate; if employed. (or other relevant certificates i.e. original business registration certificate if owner or partner of a business). For student applicants a letter from the school Principal or head of the institution.
- A letter from the local company (reasons for entry, period of stay & Japanese company intending to visit)
- Original business registration of the local company with a photocopy.
- Company’s Bank Statements (Originals) for the past Six (6) Months. (Fixed deposit Certificates will not be accepted)
- The latest Original Tax payment receipt of the Company
- Original guarantee letter from a Japanese Company(if food and lodging expenses in Japan are borne by the sponsor in Japan) with Japanese Company Registration (Original).
- A How to fill the visa application
- The visa application form must be completed in full, leaving no details incomplete.
- Details given therein must be true and correct.
- The maximum period of stay in Japan for a short term visit is Ninety (90) Days.
- Applicants should decide on the exact period of stay in Japan according to one’s schedule, which may cover a maximum period of (90 ) days.
- Visa applications should be typed or legibly hand written in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Each applicant should fill a separate visa application, including child applicants.
- PLEASE SUBMIT THE COURIER/POSTAL ENVELOPE TOGETHER WITH THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS FROM JAPANfor tourist visa-Document explaining the applicants activities in Japan.
- If sightseeing; detail itinerary of proposed travel plan and a hotel reservation(Fax reservations only)
- If visiting relatives; detailed information about relatives and proposed plan of visit* if relative or friend is a Sri Lankan, copy of Resident Card, Residence Registration Certificate issued from city office in Japan & passport copies, including a copy of a valid visa to stay in Japan* if relative or friend is a Japanese, Guarantee Letter (if food and lodging expenses in Japan are borne by the sponsor in Japan), Invitation Letter, Schedule of Stay, his/her income certificate, resident certificate & employment certificate
- Documents relating to tours or tour packages, brochures etc.
- If attending a meeting, seminar or conference; details of such venue and programme.
- A hotel reservation (by Fax only) and any other relevant documents the applicant may wish to forward.
Embassy of Japan
No.20, Srimath R.G. Senanayake Mawatha,
Colombo7, Sri Lanka
Tel.: 0094-11-269 3831
Fax: 0094-11-269 8629
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 12:30pm , 1:30pm – 5:00pm except Embassy’s Holidays.
Website : lk.emb-japan.go.jp/
Get more details